Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Battle With Vanity

Weight! Every girl has some problem with it. Mine being like most girls is the fact that I feel like I carry way too much of it! I want to lose about 15 lbs. Easier said then done right?

My senior year of college I lost 30lbs no prob. Healthy eating, switched to diet pop, and cut out beer. I barely even exercised! Well I gained it back after about a year. Tony and I moved to Ohio for my job. I was super sad, homesick, worked around 60 hrs a week, and large meals around 10 and 11 at night, and basically ate like a HOG! I lost around 12 of it for my wedding. Then gained it back! Seriously??

A couple of months ago I was introduced to the HCG diet. For those of you HCG hatters, don't even begin to lecture me on it. I'm sure that some day it will be linked back to cancer or something but what hasn't??? It's MY body right? And I know that if I exercised and ate right I could lose it the normal way. I though, am the type of person who craves instant gratification. If I don't see results right away I quit. And this diet produces results RIGHT away. I have a handful of friends and family members who have done it and have kept it off.

The first time I did the diet I lost 14lbs in 21 days...and gained 6 back. Mostly because I cheated during the maintenance stage. So here I am again. At a healthier weight but wanting to lose more. I want to fit into all of my old fall and winter clothes. Including jeans. This time I am DETERMINED. I am on day 4 and its been so much easier the 2nd time. But because I am determined and really really want to do this, I am going to hold myself accountable by blogging. By letting all of you follow me in the next couple of weeks to make sure I stay on track.

So day 1 and 2 consists of taking the drops and loading up. I did that this past weekend. Lots of naughty wedding cake, some beers, lots of cheese, and lots of corn casserole! For the next 14 days I'll follow a very STRICT 500 calorie per day diet. The diet consists of lean meats such as chicken, shrimp, and a steak here and there as well as fruits and vegetables. I can drink all of the black coffee, water, and tea that I want.

So here it goes...never thought I'd give out this info...my starting weight on the first day of drops was 173. Yikes!!! I know!!! As of this morning I am down to 170. Each day Ill continue to weigh myself and fill you in on whats for dinner! :) Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Suzanne Plant August 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

You aren't alone girlfriend, I'm on day two, my last day of binging. I start the diet tomorrow! Blogging is such a great idea!

Linz August 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

I have definitely considered the HCG now that I'm not breastfeeding any longer, but only eating 500 cal per day freaks me out. I think I'd be so hungry! Are you satisfied? Or is it your mental determination keeping you full? ;)

Aaron [air] August 24, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

I am proud of you for blogging about this and letting people know of your weaknesses and strengths. Not everyone is that honest and I think its great.

On friday, let me know what you can eat, I am making my summer stirfry. I think there is a good chance you can have what is in it as its lean, healthy, etc. Let me know.

Amy August 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

Thanks ladies! Good luck Suzanne! We should share inspiration! :) If you like chicken noodle soup, boil your chicken breast in about two cups of water with salt and pepper YUM!! You can drink the broth and eat the chicken.

Linz--you are the first few days but lots and lots of water helps!

Aaron-- I can eat meat and veggies. No noodles or carbs. Don't do anything special for me, I can always eat at home! :)

About Me

My photo
I grew up a country girl in Northwest Iowa. I went to college at Briar Cliff University in Sioux City, IA and got my B.A. in Mass Communications. I currently live in Omaha with my husband. We just got married on Nov 7,2009 and it was the happiest day of my life.

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Picture

Picture
November 7, 2009

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP