Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chili/Biscuits/We Made It!

I am officially in Utah! And so far I am loving it! I haven't quite gotten used to the fact that their is no Walmart or Target in our town but the beautiful scenery makes up for it! I have had a busy couple of weeks unpacking, cleaning, making friends, and just getting to know the area. I've had one photography gig out here but a few more are in the works. Life is good!


Ill be sure to post pictures of this beautiful place soon! In the mean time check out these two recipes I cooked up the other night. By popular demand, I have put them on the blog :)


"Dump" Chili (Because you dump it all in)


1-1.5 pounds of ground meat (I used pork)
1 clove of garlic minced

1 small onion chopped (I used a yellow onion and only half of it)

1 green pepper chopped

1 red pepper chopped

2 cups of diced red tomatoes (I used a large can from the store)
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed

1 can of corn

2-3 tbsp of chili powder

2 tbsp of salt

1 tbsp of pepper

1 tbsp of oregano

1 cup of chicken broth (I boiled a chicken breast in a little more than a cup of water because I was out of broth and then diced the chicken and threw that in too.


Brown the meat, garlic, and onion. When done dump the mixture into crock pot. In no particular order dumb all other ingredients into the crock pot as well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serves 4-6.


This chili even looked beautiful! I will definitely make it again in the fall!


"Even Better" Cheddar Bay Biscuits


2 C Bisquick

1/8 tsp garlic powder

2/3 C milk

2 tbsp butter

2 C shredded cheddar cheese (we didn't have cheddar so we used colby jack)


Mix all ingredients together and bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.


Melt 1/4 C of margarine or butter and 1/4 tsp of garlic in the microwave and brush the top of the finished biscuits with the mixture. Makes 8-10 large biscuits.


I thought these were better than Red Lobster!!!


About Me

My photo
I grew up a country girl in Northwest Iowa. I went to college at Briar Cliff University in Sioux City, IA and got my B.A. in Mass Communications. I currently live in Omaha with my husband. We just got married on Nov 7,2009 and it was the happiest day of my life.

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Picture

Picture
November 7, 2009

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP