Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Goals for Twenty Ten

So I'm a little late on posting my goals for this year but life has been topsy turvey and although I've had some ideas in my head, I have to be careful in setting un-achievable (is that a word) things because of how much things in life have changed and are about to change even more.

I have made some little goals though and as I conquer those or continue to maintain them, I'll set the bar higher and come up with some new ones. Nothin' wrong with setting more goals half way through the year right? :) Most of my little goals, are for more of my personal life. I do have a few I'll list here for photography but most of my photography goals will be determined once I get going full time in Utah. Here's what I have so far:

Beauty/Health
* Maintaining my fingernails-always a fresh coat of paint--color or clear--filed, a little bit longer, and NO picking, tearing, or biting at them. I'm not much of a biter but I do pick at them a lot!

* Exercise at least 3 days a week. Common' Amy...three days is NOT hard! I really want to get into a routine. I am excited about going running with my sister-in-law Austin once we move to Utah! She does marathons and triathlons and we have already talked about me joining her in her running!

* Lose 30 lbs. YES 3o! I want to fit into all of my jeans again. BAD!

Self Development
* Read a minimum of 1 book per month. It doesn't matter what kind! A classic, fun and easy, self help--something! I may bump this up to 2/month.

* Join a community organization. I have always wanted to be involved here in Omaha but have always felt so overwhelmed by all of the options and just felt like I've never had time. Once I move to Price I will have lots more time and I figured it would be a great way for me to network and meet new people.

* Volunteer my time. I'm not even sure what I'd like to do but I really like helping others and want to be able to make a difference in the life of others. Again, something I will figure out once I move.

* Travel!!!! Tony and I have talked a lot about taking a few trips before babies come a long. The list consists of
-Washington D.C.: Tony has never been there and it is one of my favorite places. I love the
history and learning about our great country. This is actually his choice.
- NYC: Neither of us have been there. Just one of those places everyone has to go and visit
- Ireland: Just because! It looks beautiful, we really want to see the castles, and just hang out
in the pubs with the locals. Tony is a little bit Irish too so that is also a perk.

We've also tossed around going to Mexico again! We had such a blast on our honeymoon! This
time with another couple.

Money management/setting up a budget
* A must!! Time for a house-babies-savings! We shall figure this out as we go!

Photography
* Attend 6 networking events. I'm not limiting myself to where but more than likely in Utah or NE. We shall see

* Attend 2 workshops. I crave wanting to learn more and advance my skills. I already have one in the works.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up a country girl in Northwest Iowa. I went to college at Briar Cliff University in Sioux City, IA and got my B.A. in Mass Communications. I currently live in Omaha with my husband. We just got married on Nov 7,2009 and it was the happiest day of my life.

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Picture

Picture
November 7, 2009

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP