Monday, January 4, 2010

Neti Pot

UGH!! I am a pretty positive person when it comes to...EVERYTHING! But, I am sick again, for the second time in less than a month. I had a horrible cold/sinus infection a couple of weeks before Christmas and the sinus infections (at least that's my diagnosis) is back. Plugged up nose/head, tired eyes, lots of ickiness draining into my tummy and making me feel sick. Sad face over here! :( My Neti Pot ( is a small pot used for irrigating the nasal passages-sinus cleanse) has been my way of curing allergies, the common cold, anything to do with the nose/head area. My plan is to use it 2 if not 3 times when I get home from work! What is a Neti Pot you might ask. It's actually very strange. When my momma first told me about it I thought she had gone bat crazy. But, I gave it a shot and truly believe in it now. A Neti Pot is a small, blue, teapot looking device. You pour a saline, grain like substance into the teapot and fill it up with warm water to a line that is imprinted on the top. Turn your head to the side over a sink, put the opening of the teapot up to your nostril and dump half of the mix in. When the teapot is half way empty switch sides and finish it off! I know what you are thinking... "Cup 'o tea for your nose?" Heehee! Hardly! But it really has worked for me in past instances. Neti Pot can be bought at your local drugstores for under 15 dollars and that included umpteen packets of the saline mix. I bought mine at Wal-mart. I dare you to try it out, especially if you struggle with allergies. Just read the directions on the box. I believe you are to use it 2 times per day for 2-3 weeks and you will notice a huge difference! Good luck my fellow sniffling, dripping, stuffy nosed friends! :)


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up a country girl in Northwest Iowa. I went to college at Briar Cliff University in Sioux City, IA and got my B.A. in Mass Communications. I currently live in Omaha with my husband. We just got married on Nov 7,2009 and it was the happiest day of my life.

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Picture

Picture
November 7, 2009

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP